Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Emma Watson in Teen Vogue

19-year-old Emma Watson, known for her role as Hermione in Harry Potter, just did a spread for the August 09 edition of Teen Vogue. I must say that this beauty has come a long way from being the bookworm and frizzy-haired companion of Harry Potter. 

The shoot is entitled 'Emma Enchanted' and rightly so. The photos are fairy tale-esque and the clothing used for the shoot is sensational and is pulled from the D&G Fall/Winter 2010 collection. The sprawling English countryside makes for a great background for the humble Watson and she seems at home even in her designer duds and super high heels.

It seems like Emma is growing up and so is her sense of fashion: "It's kind of my lucky brand [Chanel], a fail-safe. I live, really,in jeans from Topshop, blazers from Ralph Lauren or Reiss, and ballet flats. It's very hard to describe your own style and I'm young, so I'm still experimenting. But I think it's quite British and very much about individuality. There's nothing interesting about looking perfect-you lose the point. You want what you're wearing to say something about you, about who you are." Well said Ms. Watson!

This is my favorite outfit from the shoot. I love the purple and green color combo. The detailing on the top is phenomenal and the floral print skirt is a great fit.






4 comments:

  1. i looooveed this spread from the first moment i saw it

    great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and well thought up. Everything goes together: the model, the clothes, the backdrop. But I wouldn't expect anything less from a Condé Nast publication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love. and am slightly depressed...I WANT THOSE CLOTHESSSS :[ /maybe her legs. Emma Watson is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is growing beautifully. Maybe a career in fashion is in the making?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...