Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Versatile Hi-Top





I'm a stickler for shoes. I probably own more pairs than the average male and I'm OK with that. Recently, I've been getting into Hi-Tops and though I have some pairs myself, I definitely want to expand the collection. 

Hi-Tops are so versatile if you find the right one. They can be dressed up with a suit jacket and worn for a smarter look or they can be worn down with a simple t-shirt and jeans for a more laid back look. The right shoe can be a show piece that would allow for anything you wear to look a little bit more fashion forward. What's more is that there are many shoes I find that look great but don't break the bank as much as other pieces of clothing do. 

Here's my Hi-Top wishlist:
Raf Simons Embroidered Hi Top Trainers: Simple white with R detail on the sides. It's simple yet chic and I like the straps instead of laces. 

Raf Simons Astronaut Boots: Yes! I am definitely a fan of metallic. I have Hi-Tops in gold and this would be a perfect addition to the closet. 

Comme des Garçons Shirt Leather Hi-Top Trainers: I like the buckle detail in the back although this reminds me somewhat of Converses which I am not an avid fan of. 


G-Star Seale Fold Down Hi Top Trainers: Two words: Fold Down. Pieces that are versatile and can be worn different ways intrigue me. 


Diet Butcher Slim Skin Hi-Top Sneakers: The color is what draws me to this final choice! I like a piece that pops out of an otherwise normal outfit. These would definitely do the trick. 

1 comment:

  1. love love love your high-tops and any of these pieces would make a great addition to your collection!

    p.s. just updated, need opinions!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...